Monday, May 6, 2013

Heavyweights


A much more under the radar movie that I loved when I was a child was Heavyweights.  This was a movie all about kids going to fat camp. The only problem was that the nice kind owners of the camp were bought out by Tony Perkis Sr the lighting fixture king and is going to be ran by Tony Perkis Jr. (Played by Ben Stiller). This movie was hilarious and it still makes me laugh today. The basic story plot is that Tony Perkis Jr. is an ego maniacal camp counselor. The kids then try to revolt and take over the camp for themselves and try to beat camp MVP which was all athletic kids in the Apache relay. Ben Stiller is hilarious in this movie and this movie is definitely underrated in my opinion. For everyone who has ever seen this movie they know all about the buddy system... BUDDAAAYYYY  If I can ever find it in one of the $5 bins at walmart I will buy it unfortunately I have still not found it but I will continue the search. I guess I could always order it from Amazon but that wouldn't be very 90's of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment