Monday, March 11, 2013

POGS





I remember collecting all kinds of different pogs back in the 90's. The thing about pogs was it was really all about getting as many as you could. The strange thing was that no one ever really played the game. We all collected them but didn't know the rules of the game so we kind of just went along with the way we all thought it went. You build up a big stack and then slam the "slammer" on top of the stack of pogs and scatter them everywhere. Once you get to that point no one really does anything. The "slammer" was a thicker pog that was used to obviously slam on top of the stack to play the game. Honestly the only reason I know the rules now is because I looked it up on Wikipedia while writing this. Back in the 90's there was no Wikipedia for us to find information quickly like this so we just kind of went with the flow. I still remember my favorite Pogs were my Power Ranger ones because that was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment